2010: year end musing
The end of the decade. Oh wait. Is it? I am confused. Apparently I missed the entire Y2K discussion. According to wikipedia,
According to the Gregorian calendar, the 1st century AD/CE started on January 1, 1 and ended on December 31, 100. The 2nd century started at year 101, the 3rd at 201, etc. The n-th century started/will start on the year (100×n)-99 and ends in 100×n . A century will only include one year, the centennial year, that starts with the century's number (e.g. 1900 is the final year in the 19th century).
Given 1AD is the first year. Then, it follows 2001 is the first year of the 21st century. I guess at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Quezi has a pretty good explanation. And I like the 2nd commentor's definition.
Anyways, on to my musing. What a year. New baby. New job. New house. First major remodeling job. I can't even begin to describe the whirl of every single day. Poor zdog and the cats are very neglected. My poor self is neglected too. I have never been so sleep deprived. First half of the year because of breastfeeding and tending to Kirdan. The second half of year due to inability to fall back asleep after getting up in the middle of the night. I feel old.
It was my tradition to learn something new every year. I didn't set a goal last year. I am not sure if I will set one for the coming year either. I will set a different type of goal though. I want to get back in shape physically. I am looking forward to the move. Hoping for a more balanced life style with less clutter (or at least hide clutter, especially zdog's clutter). Hoping to be able to keep in touch with girlfriends better. Then there is K. I will try to keep up his blog, and remember to enjoy him as much as I can. Living every moment is such a hard concept especially when one is pulled in so many directions. But I will try and try. Here is to 2011!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home