Training log wk18 d1 - Bay to Breaker
It as been TWO WEEKS since I had my last serious run. Work has been so consuming. I am currently juggling 6-7 projects and going out of my mind. Sigh.
It is a good thing D and I had already planned to run the Bay to Breakers 2007. I met up with her at Fremont/Howard cross road and joined the crowd of crazy folks. 7.5 miles. 1 hour and 32 minutes. The first part of the run is really not running though. There were so many people. We were pretty much fast walking and threading around to get ahead. Once we got to the Golden Gate park area, the number of people thinned down to the more serious folks.
I didn't do proper stretching. So, towards the end, the tendon behind my knee started to hurt. Note to self...Must stretch properly before any run!!! Also, didn't stretch long enough after the run. Didn't help with wet clothing, I was cold and stiffened up. Made the pain worse. I had to limp around for the rest of the day. Crazy.
Still it has been years since my first B2B. I had forgotten how much fun it is to watch people and their customes. There were 5 or 6 Storm Troppers. A whole line of Salmon (at least 30 of them). Not as many naked people as I remembered last. hehehe...
Labels: marathon


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home