Jumping back
Two more weeks til the end of my maternity leave. I have this very funny feeling, as if my life was on hold since Kirdan's birth. Every day was in 2-hour segments, in which the baby feeds, get burped, then he plays and/or poops and/or plays, then sleep. Repeat 24 hours 7 days a week. Time seems to crawl and fly at the same time. Now, with back to work looming nearby, I have this ambivalent feeling of wanting to go back to work and wanting to stay home with baby.
I am simulating a work-like day by spending time away from baby and pumping for a four hour stretch. Mom bottle feeds baby twice a day during this time. So far so good. But, I have this anxious feeling that I can't explain. I know my mom will take good care of baby. I have requested flexible schedule so I can work half of the time from home at least for another 6-8 weeks. So what is this? Separation anxiety?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home