Random thoughts
I got a clean bill of health yesterday from my OB. I am definitely feeling better all around. More energy. Less abdominal pain. The only thing is the extra 20 pounds that I am toting. In fact, I can hardly remember how painful it was the first week at home. I could barely walk upstairs. I couldn't get into the tub in my bathroom, had to use the small tub in the 2nd bedroom. Getting in and out of bed was so painful. Then there was the horrible pain of breastfeeding which I was not prepared for. I despaired every time feeding time rolled around. I tried cold compress with refridgerated tea bags, hot air from hair dryer, and the can't-live-without lanolin. Add sleep deprivation (I had nightmares about missing feeding), and baby crying, I was one unhappy person. I remembered thinking, "what have I done?" and cried whenever I think about my single days. Fortunately, zDog and my mom are so supportive. I can easily see how other women can go down the path of postpartum depression.
Today I heard on the radio, the daily inspirational short story program,
A man was grieving over his passed wife. As he packed away her belongings, he found a beautiful scarf still with store tag on it. It was purchase from their trip to New York City just after marriage many many years ago. The wife had fell in love with the scarf and he indulged her. However, she has not had her chance to wear it, waiting for that special occasion. The moral of the story is that we should treat everyday as a special day. We don't know what the future holds and the past has already gone by.It's a story that I have heard before, but this is something that bears hearing again. Kirdan is growing everyday. I want to remember as much as I can. It is as hard to live by as it is easy to say, but here is to living everyday as a special day.
Labels: preggo


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home