and more changes coming...
Boy, this really is turning out the year of results as I hoped for at the beginning of the year.
This is an IUI pregnancy. Early last year, I found out I had anovulatory cycles even though they were fairly regular. My OBGYN suggested three months of Clomid. I reacted very well to the treatment with no side effects. However, it didn't result in pregnancy. So, in Decmeber, I was referred to the infertility clinic. After consultation, Zdog and I decided to go through 3 treatments of IUI. In preparation, I had plenty of blood drawn and went through hysterosalpingogram. That was probably the most painful part of this whole exercise. I remembered my knees shaking afterward because of the cramp. Zdog only went through one needle for blood test and had the nerve to whine about it. On March 16, I took the hcg injection to induce ovulation. Zdog administered the shot and that was probably the most traumatic part of this exercise for him. Hey buddy, I took the shot! Men...(chuckle)... March 19th was the day of insemination. Zdog started off with 40mil sleepy little guys (50% mobility). Only 10mil survived the washing (80% mibility). And you can guess the end. We are very lucky since IUI success rate is only 10-15%. I suspect this will be a boy since y-sperms are fast sprinters whereas x-sperms are marathon runners. I wouldn't mind being wrong though. I'd be so proud of my Amazon girl, winning against all the little boys. That'll make the feminist side of me happy. Muhahahaha.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home