Goals? Good Intentions?
Afte a whole week of pondering, I am ready to put in writing my goal for 2007.
drum roll....
I will train and run for the San Francisco Marathon, July 29th. Half marathon mind you.
Zdog believes I have lost my mind.
The idea came from D. She is doing the half marathon and has started training for it already. Truthfully, I hate running. In fact, I am extremely un-sporty. But, the idea of running a marathon resonates with me. At least once in my life. This year is as good as any. I'll have a support buddy. It'll improve my exercise routine...which is nil at the moment. But, beyond all else, I am looking for energy in my life. 2006 was very very blah. I felt robotic, mindless, doing the same things day in day out. Even my beloved scrapbooking was looking lackluster. So, doing the marathon will shake things up. It requires time, commitment, and focus. It is something completely out of my comfort zone.
Of course, I always feel like I can conquer the world at the beginning of a brand new year. Then six months down the road I feel the fatigue, and am positively drained by the end of the year. Not sure how this year will play out. I just know I gotta do something different.
Here is to 2007!
Labels: Self


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home