Food Cravings
Almost at the completion of 4th month pregnancy. The insane hunger is gone. The terrible constipation and bloating has abated. I do have lower back pains and calf muscle cramps (bad ones when stretching during sleep to relieve lower back pains). Lately I am experiencing sharp needle like pains that lasts a few miliseconds. Turns out, it is Round Ligament Pain. Sounds like a disease doesn't it?
Anyways, the original goal of the post is about food cravings. I don't have strange food cravings (yet). My savory leaning taste bud hasn't changed other than it being more sensitive to flavors now. My smell is also more sensitive. I still love my vegetables. If anything, my love for tomatoes intensified. Anything with tomatoes will get my vote. I also tend to want fried items. But only the ones I liked before my pregnancy. Some favorites: Fried oyster and Agedashi tofu (Kabuki, my favorite local Japanese restaurant, the thinnest breading), fried green beans (Q-cup in Fremont, no breading), fried zucchini (Carl's Jr., one of the rare items where I will tolerate breading), and fried chicken wings (Tea Station in Newark, no breading).
Since I can no longer have my steak cooked medium rare, I have turned to hamburgers. Especially In-n-Out animal style hamburger. I also like any McD's egg and sausage breakfast items. These are things that I liked before pregnancy, but am craving even more now. Food that have fallen out of favor: strong garlicky foods (garlic french fries), strong smelling food (Korean, curry, BBQ sauce). Oh, avocado. I used to love eating avocado straight up. But now, I have to eat it with something, like in salads or in the form of guacamole.Labels: preggo


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home